Wednesday, October 31, 2007

We made it





To say it was an adventure would certainly be an understatement. We covered 53 miles in 4 days and during the remainder of the weekend, we participated in the reenactment of the Burning of Kingston. This involves you guessed it more rowing and a race on Saturday. No we didn't win but we looked salty. We also survive a huge storm Friday night ,that I thought was going to blow the tent into the Hudson.

Would I do it again ? Sure in a minute , we met great people , except for the pirates and saw some beautiful sights. Thanks to everyone who helped us along the way . A big thanks to our Captain's - David , Dave and Chris with out their boats it would have been a long swim. Thanks to David and Heather for the planning and logistics, Dean for the victuals and to John for the hospitality at Chelsea. Hope I didn't leave anyone out. Here are some pictures from Kingston. Thanks for reading. I will continue to post if I receive new pictures and will update you all on next years plans once they are established. I may also get going on a boat project this winter and will update as that progresses. Oh yes, Thanks for reading my blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like that sailor is catching a nap before his long ride.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bob, for sharing, for being good company, for arranging Chelsea, and for pulling on the oars. I'll eventually get my log and some pictures up.

Monika said...

the last picture is priceless!
chililady from austria